Hello rock stars,
It's time for our second check-in! Please try to respond to this check-in within 48 hours.
We will send a follow-up email to all those we have not heard from at that time.
The complete writing is due in one week, on August 5th. The early submission deadline is this Wednesday, August 1st. You can find posting instructions here
If you're feeling confident in your ability to finish the writing on time, we look forward to hearing about it and we always love to hear about what's going well in your partnerships. If you are having problems in your partnership, we're also happy to hear about those and help suggest ideas for troubleshooting!
If you're not feeling confident in your ability to finish the writing within the next 7 days, please let us know and we can talk about:
- The possibility of an extension. Please note this year's extension policy: "Each partner may request only one extension. Extensions of three days will be given with no questions asked. If more time is needed, you can receive an extension of up to 7 days total, but you will be required to include a plan for how you intend to finish within that time. Writing out the plan will help you structure your time and keep yourself accountable, and we can use our modly wisdom and experience to give you feedback and ideas that might make your plan even better."
- The possibility of getting a beta or cheerleader
- The possibility of getting a cowriter
- The possibility of writing a shorter version of your original story plan for your podficcer to begin recording (which is able to stand alone in case a life emergency stops you from writing more) with the agreement that if there is time and interest by both parties, you might create additional scenes later to add on.
- The possibility of (with your partner's approval) leaving some areas of the script for podficcer ad-lib
- The option of scheduled accountability check-ins, if that will help keep you motivated and not stressed!
Also, please remember to share what you've written so far with your partner. This means not just an update of your progress but sharing your draft itself. The minimum requirement is once per check-in!
Finally, if you're realizing that what you really need in order to take care of yourself is to drop out, that's fine. Yay self-care! Please let us know as soon as possible, though, so we can offer your partner a pinch hitter.
Comments are screened.